Thursday, July 30, 2009

How hard is the AP Computer Science Test???

Im attending a high school that doesn't offer the AP Computer Science class which extremely frustrates me since I want to get into that field.


I study everything I know by myself with books, guides, and having a successful cousin who is a java programmer.


I consider myself fairly good with java, knowing from the basics with strings all the way to object oriented and some server based as well as the Swing class and lots more.


I know some C++, and some MySQL.


Anyways Im going to take the AP test for it even though I havent taken the class.





Is it really hard? I heard something about the A version and AB version, and im thinking about AB cuz its more advance. Could I pass it with my skills?


I really want a 5 in it.


What do you guys think.

How hard is the AP Computer Science Test???
Have you registered for the exam? I believe registration closed on March 15th, and the exam itself is the morning of May 6. When you registered you would have declared which exam to take.





You should check out the materials provided by the College Board, I put the link in the reference part of this response. It will describe everything you need to know. You also need to make sure you know the Grid World Case Study. I've included a link to the materials





As an AP CS teacher, I would suggest the A level in your situation. Most colleges and universities give credit for a 3 or above in either one.





Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment