Friday, July 31, 2009

Physics homework help please!?

I really don't want to hear anyone preach at me and tell me I should have done this myself.I was thrown into this class (even though I don't need it) and I can't get out.I am learning disabled and need some help.So please save your little speeches for someone else.





10 A 98.2 N grocery cart is pushed 11.8 m along


an aisle by a shopper who exerts a constant


horizontal force of 33.6 N.


The acceleration of gravity is 9:81 m=s2 :


If all frictional forces are neglected and the


cart starts from rest, what is the grocery cart's


final speed? Answer in units of m=s.





13 A 1.45 kg ball is attached to a ceiling by a


0.767 m long string. The height of the room


is 3.82 m.


The acceleration of gravity is 9:81 m=s2 :


What is the gravitational potential energy


associated with the ball relative to


a) the ceiling? Answer in units of J.





14 b) the door? Answer in units of J.





015 c) a point at the same elevation as the ball?


Answer in units of J.

Physics homework help please!?
(10) Since they give the weight of the cart instead of the mass, divide the weight by the acceleration of gravity to get the mass. Then use Newton's Second Law:





F = ma





33.6 N = ( 98.2 N / 9.8 m/s² ) a





2 a d = v²





Plug in 11.9 m for distance and the acceleration you just got and solve for the final velocity v.





(13, 14, 15) Gravitational potential energy is mgh. Relative to the ceiling, the height is -.767 m. Relative to the floor, it's ( 3.82 - .767 ) m. Relative to the same elevation as the ball is zero.





Solve for the acceleration a. Then


No comments:

Post a Comment